Can You Afford To Study?
ASA knows that being a student and especially studying in Auckland is EXPENSIVE and that you will need a PLAN and a BUDGET to get through your study. We are here to HELP you and have prepared a handbook of tips and a budget calculator to assist you.
We run a budgeting seminar each year with the support of North Harbour Budgeting. We encourage you to attend!
- 27th March 2019, Student Lounge
Budgeting Support Documents
When you use the budget calculator - you need to practise some tough love with youself and make sure you distinguish between what are your NEEDS and your WANTS.
ASA's Budget Guide and Tips (Please read me - I am very useful!)
ASA's Budget Calculator Worksheet (downloads for you)
Other Useful Links
- StudyLink - Student Loans etc
- Sorted - Sort your money matters
- Student Job Search (SJS) - Find a job!
- IRD - tax, loan repayments etc
- North Harbour Budgeting
Student Assistance Program
If you are experiencing financial hardship due to extraordinary circumstances that are
- Unforeseen, and of a temporary nature;
- Unusual or severe; and
- Threaten your continued study at Massey University.
Click on the button to request help. Fill in the form and someone from our Advocacy team will be in touch with you.