Clubs' Prize Giving - Wednesday 18th October
Each year the committees of each of the clubs on campus are invited to a dinner/awards evening. This is where we get to show our appreciation for all of the work that the committees have put in and where we showcase some of the things that clubs have done over the year. Check out who won what further down the page.
2016 Prize Winners
Overall Club of the Year
Recognising excellence in the administration of a club, club activity, and the promotion of student life Massey
- 2016 Albany Massey Engineering Students' Society (AMESS)
- 2015 Massey University Football Federation
- 2014 Massey University Albany Snow Club
- 2013 Massey University Community Garden Club
Club Sustainability Award
This is a new award which will be presented for the first time in 2015. It will be awarded to a club which is has an
established presence at Massey University and continues to provide activities and events that that positively impact
student life on campus. They are recognised for developing a strategic club model and acquiring resources and other
assets that ensure club continuation for years to come.
- 2016 MACS
- 2015 Massey University Albany Community Garden
Most Improved Club of the Year
Awarded to the club that increased involvement for its members in terms of promoting student life as well as
improved administration or club activities.
- 2016 MUA Aerial Arts Club
- 2015 Albany Massey Engineering Student Society (AMESS)
- 2014 Massey University Student Investment Club
- 2013 Massey University Albany Snow Club
Committee of the Year
Awarded to the executive committee of the club that has worked in collaboration with Massey University
and the Albany Students’ Association and has demonstrated excellence in the organisation, administration,
and development of their club.
- 2016 SALT
- 2015 Massey University Albany Community Garden
- 2014 Albany Massey Engineering Student Society (AMESS)
- 2013 Albany Massey Engineering Student Society (AMESS)
New Club of the Year
Awarded to a club that has been established during the current year, and has demonstrated a high commitment
in terms of increasing student life on campus as well as developing a productive executive committee.
- 2016 MUA Malaysian Club
- 2015 Massey University Albany Yoga Lounge
- 2014 Massey University Albany Rugby Club
- 2013 Massey University Theatre Society (MUTS)
Club Event of the Year
Awarded to a club who has hosted an outstanding event or activity during the current year. This award
celebrates the way the event was promoted and delivered and also the overall impact on the club and
student life at Massey University Albany.
- 2016 AMESS for multiple events
- 2015 Outdoor Movie Event (Massey Albany Movie Club)
- 2014 Outdoor Movie Event (Massey Albany Movie Club)
- 2013 MUCBA Charity Inter-Tertiary 3v3 Basketball Competition
Contribution to Massey University Community Award
Awarded to a club member who goes out of their way for their club, cultural group or society by
recognising individuals who put in an outstanding effort and demonstrate an impact on the club,
society, cultural group as well as overall student life.
- 2016 Hayden Wilson & Cameron Mearns
- 2015 Morris Zhao
- 2014 Daniel Burgess
- 2013 Manu Lange
Awarded to a club who is devoted to bringing together the diverse community at Massey University, Albany.
The diversity award celebrates a club’s ability to create, develop and promote events or programs that allow a wide range of students to participate whether they are from different colleges, cultures or backgrounds.
- 2016 MUA Pride
- 2015 Social Innovation Massey University Albany
- 2014 Massey Albany Movie Club
- 2013 Massey Albany Movie Club
Sport Growth and Development Award
Awarded to an individual or a sport team that has put outstanding effort into their sport team, club or individually to help grow sport on the Albany campus. This recognises the efforts of an individual who may help with recruitment of sport teams, takes on coaching roles, organises training venues and increases the value of student life on campus.
- 2016 Shaun McMiken
- 2015 Shaun McMiken
- 2014 Mike Horrell
- 2013 Piet Witteveen
Team Albany Sportsperson of the Year
Awarded to a current student at Massey University Albany who has competed as a member of a sports club. This award is granted not only for excellence in sport, but also for contribution to university life during the award period.
- 2016 Holly Scott
- 2015 Jordan Anderson
- 2014 Chanelle Pigou
- 2013 Sarah Ratcliffe
Team Albany Sports Team of the Year
Awarded to a sports club that has participated in competition during the current year. This award is granted not only for excellence in sport, but also recognises active recruitment, commitment to training and overall contribution to student life during the award period.
- 2016 Massey Albany Football Club
- 2015 Massey University Albany Rugby Club
- 2014 Massey University Albany Netball Club
- 2013 Massey Univerity Albany Hockey Association