Ngā mihi mahana ki a koutou Ō Ngā Hau
A warm welcome to all Māori students from all waka, iwi and whanau from Te Waka Ō Ngā Ākonga Māori (TWONAM), Māori Students Association of Massey University, Albany Campus.
Te Waka Ō Ngā Ākonga Māori encourages Māori students to utilise the Whare for mahi and study. Equally important is maintaining the mana and Tino Rangatiratanga of Māori students ensuring a learning environment for students academic, cultural and spiritual needs.
Te Waka Ō Ngā Ākonga Māori shall exist to enhance and create on-going growth of things Māori, for Māori, by Māori - at all times embracing and above all acknowledging Māoritanga and adhering to Te Tiriti Ō Waitangi in decision making processes.
- Promote Te Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori.
- Protect and project the Mana and Tino Rangatiratanga of Māori Students.
- Actively encourage Māori to attend university.
- Promote and facilitate the academic achievement of Māori Students.
- Provide a focus for Māori student activities.
- Provide a support group for Māori students.
- Liase where practicable with other Māori groups and organisations.
- "Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro nōna te ngahere
- Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga nōna te Ao".
"The forest belongs to those who partake of the miro, the world belongs to those who partake of knowledge."
- 5 Study rooms - Computer and whiteboard in each
- Network Printer
- Lounge and mahi tables
- Kitchen facilities
Student Study Space & Administration
Oteha Rohe Precinct
Gate 5, Oaklands Road
Te Waka Ō Ngā Ākonga Māori Inc.
Private Bag 102904
Northshore Mail Centre