The 2017 clubs' dinner and awards evening was held in the student lounge on Wednesday 18th October. All club committee members were invited to the event as recognition of the work that they put into running their respective clubs and the contribution that clubs contribute to the campus culture. (Full details on the winners and event, click Continue Reading)
Students had been asked to chose a theme for the evening and the winning theme was Round the World. The lounge was decorated with flag bunting, students arrived in traditional clothing and theme related activities included:
- putting a pin in a world map to show where each person was born - attendees covered the globe!
- making paper aeroplanes / longest flight competition
- plane photobooth for club photographs
Westfield voucher prizes were awarded for:
- lucky chair spot prize
- best dressed
- longest flight (paper aeroplane)
The dinner was catered by Massey's on-site caterer and back by popular demand was a candy bar. No-one went hungry!
Awards presented on the night were:
- Club Sustainability Award: MUA Yoga Lounge
- Most Improved Club of the Year: MU Frisbee Federation
- Diversity Award: MUA Malaysian Club
- Committee of the Year: MACS
- New Club of the Year: MUA Cricket club
- Club Event of the Year: Massey Albany Movie Club
- Sport Growth and Development Award: Morris Zhao
- Contribution to Massey University Community Award: Jessica Hiscox
- Team Albany Sportsperson of the Year: Dominic Sanicas
- Team Albany Sports Team of the Year: Massey Albany Football Club
- Overall Club of the Year: MUA Aerial Arts
Winning clubs were awarded $100 to their club bank accounts and winning students were awarded $100 Westfield vouchers. A fantastic evening to really celebrate the achievements of clubs on campus this year.