ASA ISSUE LET'S CARPOOL PRIORITY PARKING CARDS THAT ENABLE YOU TO PARK IN THE DESIGNATED AREA IN FRONT OF THE QUAD A BUILDING.
Let's face it... parking is an issue on the Massey Albany campus. Although it is free, finding a parking space can be
incredibly difficult. Say you drive to campus three times a week and spend roughly 10 minutes (not an unreasonable
estimate during semester) looking for a parking - if you do this for two semesters (24 weeks), you have wasted 12 hours
plus gas looking for parking!
For a one off payment of $20 you can join the Let's Carpool scheme and enjoy the following benefits for a full academic
year (start of semester one to end of semester two in a single year):
- Access to the exclusive carpool parking area
- No more parking hassle
- Meet new people or ride with existing friends
- Save money on fuel and vehicle costs
- Spend your travelling time more efficiently
- Reduce environmental impact of commuting
YOU MUST SIGN UP ONLINE EACH YEAR
SO EVEN IF YOU HAD A CARPOOL CARD
LAST YEAR YOU WILL NEED TO SIGN UP
AGAIN IN 2017 BEFORE COMING TO
BUY YOUR CARD
To become a Let's Carpool member just follow these easy steps:
- Find some carpooling buddies! These can be people you already know or you can use the "Find a Carpool" function in
the ASA members section.
- Login to or join up with the ASA on the side menu.
- Each of you will need to fill in the online signup sheet, also through the ASA members section (takes less than 5 minutes)
- Come to our reception to pay the $20 fee per card and receive your cards (carpool area requires a card per person with a minimum of two people per vehicle)
- Display the cards on the dash of the car and you are ready to go!